I am trying to do a proof of concept for connecting a web/ mobile app via a C# integration to the Quantify API and I am having trouble proving that the connection will work. I have downloaded the sample app, and am trying to run that under the same conditions which I will need to use from the app.
I keep getting the following error -
"Avontus.Core.DataPortalException: 'DataPortal.Update failed (System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. "
- at the point of calling AvontusPrincipal.Login
Here is my setup:
- I have a Quantify instance and its associated SQL Server database on a remote server which I am accessing via VPN
- I have opened both ports 80 and 1433 on the firewall of the Quantify VM
- I can login to Quantify with a user account on its VM
- I can access the Quantify database from my PC using SQL Server Server Management Studio and the ASIUser
- I have Visual Studio running the Quantify.API sample app for C#, it builds ok but errors at runtime
I’m not quite sure what I should be checking for next, or if what I am trying to do is possible. I understand that typically, Quantify must be installed on the client machine, but the app I am going to be developing in is a cloud server, so I will not have the option to install Quantify on the same machine which is why I am trying to verify that I can access the API remotely. Can you please give me some guidance on what I should be looking at to debug this connection next?